Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle
Join our Equine Comfort Club and receive instant coupons.
Horse grazing muzzles are a must for many horses but discomfort is not.
This Flexibly Filly grazing horse muzzle is unlike the typical heavy, hard, and “cage-like” apparatus of the past. We listened to horse owners just like you and designed this to be softer, lighter and less confining. Constructed of a durable and pliable material that radically improves comfort, it is also soft on equine teeth and lips. The Flexible Filly Muzzle is well-ventilated and safe, rated to break just before your turnout halter. The grazing hole size is adjustable.
Available sizes. Order by halter size. Available in 2 grazing hole sizes. Holes may be enlarged with a pair of scissors.
Mini-Pony. Larger Miniature horses and up to large pony. Grazing Center holes. Full= 3cm, 1.2 inches or Restricted – 2cm.
Cob-Horse. Cob, Arabian, Quarter Horse or Horses on the smaller side. Grazing Center holes. Full = 3.3 cm, 1.32 inches or Restricted – 2cm.
Oversize-Draft. Larger horses, Draft, Warmblood and Oversize. Grazing Center holes. Full = 3.6cm, 1.44 inches or Restricted – 2cm.
What to know about Equine grazing muzzle center hole sizes.
Veterinary Recommendations for grazing muzzles hole sizes are as follows.
24/7 Full-time grazing in a muzzle; 3.5 to 4 cm.
Restricted grazing; for horses who require substantially less sugar intake; 2 to 2.5 cm.
The most common grazing hole size on the market is about 3cm and is not adjustable.
Full-Time Grazing in a Muzzle.
Recently, many horse owners prefer to leave their horse on pasture in a grazing muzzle full time – 24/7, which has created a demand for a larger grazing opening. With an industry-standard opening of under 3 cm, the roughage intake is often limited considerably. The digestion of a horse needs a minimum amount of dry matter to function properly and healthily. This minimum amount of dry matter is not achieved with a 24/7 restriction with an opening of 3 cm or less.
Owners should supplement feed in the form of hay, in order to guarantee the minimum intake in dry matter. Hay cannot be eaten, or only to a very limited extent, with an opening of under 3 cm, which means that the horse must actually be taken from the pasture, the muzzle taken off and then fed with hay and then back with a muzzle to the pasture.
The Full ThinLine Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle has a larger opening than the average grazing muzzle, which made this muzzle unique. There are very few muzzles that are really suitable for 24/7 grazing.
Highly Restricted Grazing in a muzzle.
There is a lot of demand for a smaller hole for extremely limited grazing. Horses with laminitis, insulin resistance or those on lush fields need careful management and a 3 cm or greater grazing hole is too large to effectively protect them.
Therefore, ThinLine now offers muzzles with a 2cm grazing hole.
The Flexible filly equine grazing muzzle hole size is, you guessed it! Flexible!
The good news is, the flexible filly grazing muzzle limited hole size can be easily altered by horse owners for the perfect grazing opening. ThinLine now offers muzzles with a 2 cm hole. To create a larger hole simply mark your muzzle with a pen and use a pair of scissors to cut the size you need.
Because every horses’ needs are different we offer you a fully customizable grazing hole for your equine muzzle. It is easy to have not only extraordinary comfort for your horse but also the perfect grazing hole size for all metabolic and environmental issues.
This 6-ounce grazing muzzle, made from one of the most durable polymers on the planet. It is fungal, mold and UV resistant. It is safe, effective and durable. There are no “off-gassing” materials so they are safe near the nostrils. Even if accidentally ingested the polymers pass USA food safety regulations.
The muzzle is ideal for slowing down speedy eaters, limiting grazing, and can help curb minor cribbing problems. The muzzle can also keep horses from chewing on leg wraps, wood, or blankets. It works extremely well with all automatic waterers and has UV protection which works much like sunscreen for those delicate noses.
Famous for Innovation in Shock Absorbing Equine Products – ThinLine hopes you enjoy the muzzle in addition to our full line of tack.
Returns and Warranty Information.
Flexible Filly Horse Grazing Muzzles come with a full 6-month product replacement warranty and a 30-day product satisfaction refund.
- Before you return, please email 2 photos of your horse wearing the muzzle. One grazing and one not grazing. Please send it to email@example.com. This way we can make sure it is fitting properly and offer guidance if needed. In our experience, this muzzle works on every horse when owners have the correct size and it is fitted properly and secured. We are here to help you become accustomed to this new patented design.
The Flexible Filly Muzzle will not cause rub marks and is gentle on equine lips and teeth. We understand the halter you choose may rub so we designed a set of halter wraps (sold separately) made of our anti-fungal, no rub ThinLine material as well a cable tie covers. Available in Black or Brown, one size fits all. Use coupon code ThinLine for extra savings.
Can’t figure out how to use your muzzle? Check out these Flexible Filly Muzzle Instructions to help you use your slow feeding muzzle.
Horse Grazing Muzzle, tie protector covers, halter cover kits, breakaway halter & visibility stickers pictured above. Click on images to go-to products.
horse grazing muzzle
You may also like…
Recommended for you
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q Other grazing muzzles I have use wear out as in the hole gets large after a month or so of grazing. How long does this muzzle hold the hole size?A Thank you for your question! The wear can vary depending on the particular horse and how they graze. These muzzles were in product testing for 3 years and lasted all three seasons on most of the test horses with very little wear. We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 6-month warranty on the Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzles, so please feel free to give it a try!
- A Thank you for your question! The muzzle is made wholly in the US and we ship from North Carolina.
- Q I have a 16hh paint gelding. He normally wears regular horse size halters. Should I get the medium or the large size?A Thank you for your question! The medium size muzzle will be a good fit for your horse.
- A Thank you for your question! The muzzle is designed to be worn with a breakaway halter while grazing. It might be possible to use it with your bridle while riding, but please be mindful that it is not covered under warranty for this usage and of the possibility that it may interfere with your bit while riding.
- A Thank you for your question! The Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle comes with everything you need: clear instructions, the muzzle, temporary twist ties for fitting, and two sets of zip ties for attaching to your turnout halter!
- Q We have automatic water unit in the pasture - can my horse drink out of an auto unit with this muzzle on?A Thank you for your question! The Flexible Filly Muzzle is flexible enough to fit into automatic waterers. We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, so please feel free to give it a try!
- A Thank you for your question! The hole is about 1 1/2" across.
- Q I have a draft, percheron gelding. He doesn't wear a horse size halter. When will you be doing a larger size for drafts? I want in!A Thank you for your question! Give the large a try! It fits a wide size range and has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- A Thank you for your question! The Medium size (24") Flexible Filly Muzzle is the best choice for ponies, cob size, and full size horses that wear their halters on the smallest holes.
- A Thank you for your question! The high-performance muzzle material is UV resistant. It doesn't react to the sun and also offers some protection for delicate noses.