English Basic Saddle Pads are Pure ThinLine performance foam. Designed to be used over your daily pad and under your saddle.
- Ultimate protection for both horse and rider’s back
- Protection for riders back
- Perfect for custom and well fitting saddles, really thin to not compromise a well fitting saddle
- Provides maximum shock absorption without altering saddle fit or rider feel
- Improves rider equitation
- Tailored and discrete
- Open cell technology creates 100% breathability
- Product durability – this horse saddle pad English can last up to 7-10 years
- Supple, it molds for a custom fit when warmed to body temperature
- Non-slip Properties
- Two shapes – Half pad and Contour pad
- Two thicknesses – ThinLine+Plus(1/4″) and ThinLine(3/16″)
- ThinLine Half (3/16″) pad available with border trimmed, or untrimmed
- ThinLine (3/16″) Contour pad available untrimmed
- Please see sizing tab at bottom of the page for measurements
Why should you purchase a basic ThinLine pad instead of a shimmable ThinLine Pad?
You have a well fitting saddle that does not require shimming.
$ Price and Longevity– The ThinLine foam will remain functional for 7-10 years, depending on use. Basic pads will cost you less than $1.00 per month.
Versatility– Basic pads may be placed over any other saddle pad and may be used on multiple horses.
Maintenance– Basic performance foam saddle pads require no care or washing.
Half Pad or Contour Pad?
Half Pads offer a discrete amount of protection directly under your saddle.
Contour pads add protection under the stirrup bar and will help control left to right saddle slip.
ThinLine absorbs impact by moving it laterally along the horse saddle pads English. Unless the price is a serious barrier, we suggest you choose the contour English horse saddle pad; the more ThinLine foam you have, the better it works.
ThinLine+Plus or ThinLine?
ThinLine (3/16″) is our thinnest shock absorbing English horse saddle pad. Thoughtfully designed to protect both horse and rider’s backs and create a soft, quiet, elastic connection. If your riding is not in a place where you can focus on nuances, you should likely start in a ThinLine. If you are a close contact rider, you will greatly appreciate ThinLine. This product reduces rider movement so horses can balance and focus. It does not amplify the seat, it reduces “background noise” so the rider’s seat aids are clear. (Formerly Known as Ultra ThinLine)
ThinLine+Plus (1/4″) is thicker and designed for beginning riders, horses in high impact situations, or horses with sore backs. ThinLine+Plus is endorsed by Veterinarians, even for severe back problems such as kissing spine. It is the #1 choice of Equine Chiropractors and Massage Therapists. All shimmable performance foam saddle pads come with ThinLine sewn on the top. But, you can create the ThinLine+Plus thickness simply by adding a Booster Shim.
The top choice for many great riders. Kent Farrington rides every horse, every day in a ThinLine+Plus Contour pad, and has done so for more than a deca
Rider Spinal Health:
Riding over a lifetime can take its toll on a rider’s spine. ThinLine can drastically reduce the aches and pains that come from time in the saddle by moving shock, weight, and heat laterally along the pad without compressing. Horses backs also benefit from the 95% shock absorption and from having a quieter ride in the saddle. ThinLine is the only saddle pad endorsed by Spinal Surgeons – See “The Riders Pain-Free Back” by Dr. James Warson.