Create a more than just a comfortable fit by shimming with the best therapeutic materials.
What is ThinLine?
ThinLine is a thin, shock absorbing non slip breathable foam.
Why use ThinLine as a shim?
It is the most effective pressure relieving and shock absobing foam available. It never compresses, meaning your shims will last a life-time and will never shift or degrade in any way.
What type of Saddle fit problems can they solve?
- High Withers: Add Front shims to any pad.
- Mutton withers: Any ThinLine pad without saddle fitting shims.
- Hollow or Sway Backs: Add bridging shims.
- Rider Balance: Adding a pair of shims to one side can fix balance issues.
- Saddle Balance: Front or rear Shims, depending on your issue.
- Saddle Slippage: Generally no shims are needed, the ThinLine Pad alone will solve this.
- Saddle Pad Slippage: Generally your tree is too wide. Add a Full or front Shim.
- Equine or Rider Back Soreness: No shims needed, ThinLine protects both.
- Equine Asymmetry: place both of the pair of shims on the hollow side.
- Kissing Spine Relief: Add a Full Shim to any ThinLine pad.
- Treeless Saddle Pad Comfort: Add a Full Shim to any ThinLine Pad.
For major saddle fit issues please seek a professional saddlefitter for help.
ThinLine Trim To Fit Shims: A pair of Full length shims scored with suggested guidelines.
Available in two thicknesses. ThinLine (3/16″) 4.8mm | ThinLine + (1/4″) 6.4mm
Use the guidelines to create exactly what you need. Front | Bridging |Rear | Leave as a full shim.
The trim to fit full shim is the most economical way to always have what you need for every horse. If you only need to shim in one area, cut them to lay exactly where you need them in the open pocket of a ThinLine pad. The remainder can be used to add additional height by stacking several trimmed pieces on top of each other. As your horse grows and changes you now have several sets of shims for fine-tuning saddle fit. Or, boost your overall ThinLine protection and comfort by using the full shim. The most cost-effective and versatile way to shim your pad!
Stacking and layering saddle fitting shims.
- ThinLine English and Western saddle pads accept up to three 1/4 inch 6.4mm shims in a single location.
- Layering sets of shims will create an even transition for major saddle fit issues.
How to order Saddle Fitting Shims.
Select a ThinLine Saddle Pad. Directly below the product you will see “Add Trim To Fit Shim”, simply add the thickness of the shims you need. Saddle fitting with this w shock absorbing foam provides balance, comfort and protection for horse and rider. Now you simply need to find the pad that fits the dimensions of your saddle and the style that fits your life.
With or without shims, ThinLine protects horses and creates better saddle fit. Master Saddlers and ThinLine developed a shimming system designed to create custom saddle fit while also providing shock absorbing pressure relieving benefits. ThinLine saddle fitting shims are made from the same trademark foam found on ThinLine pads. In addition, shims are easily inserted or removed and stay in place during riding and washing. Now adjusting your saddle also provides more ThinLine comfort. The full, open panel allows you to place shims exactly where you need them. Use up to three pairs of 1/4 inch shims in the same location at once.
Image: Full Shim Inserted into Pad
Or read on to learn more.
The ThinLine moves impact laterally instead of up into the rider’s spine. Thus reducing back strain, providing wear and tear protection for riders’ spines while improving equitation and delivering a close contact feel.
ThinLine Saddle Pads are Endorsed by Spinal Surgeons.
Improved equitation and shock absorption in an Ultra ThinLine Pad is quite measurable.
Master Saddlers endorse ThinLine.
So many horses improve top-line muscle tone by using ThinLine Master Saddlers such as Cordia Person (CSF) who also educates saddle fitters on how to shim with ThinLine. Custom saddles, fitters like Cordia, recommend Basic ThinLine Pads to protect backs and keep saddles fitting until the next check. ThinLine will not alter the fit of custom saddles.